Self Conscious About Lowered Inframammary Fold... Can It Be Raised Again?

I am a tall, lean girl (21) and just had 270cc anatomical silicone breast implants about 3 weeks ago. I wanted very small, natural looking implants. I did not want to be anything bigger than a B cup post op. (I had small saggy breast after breastfeeding, so just wanted a little more cleavage and perk) I didn't know my fold would be lowered and now I feel my breast look too big and low down, shortening my torso. Could I get reconstructive surgery to raise the fold back and just get 200-225cc's?

Raising folds

+1

can be done and is much easier when using textured implants.  But before you pursue this, re-examine yourself and see if you really are unhappy with your look.  Going down 50 cc's will help but visually, it may not be that different.  Get a consensus from loved ones and if you really look great to them, see if you can adjust to it, especially if they really do look great.

Raising the inframammary fold

+1

It is much harder to raise a fold that is too low than lower a fold that is too high.  Depending on your anatomy, your surgeon may need to reinforce the elevated fold with some bio absorbable material like strattice or the new silk derived scaffold called Seri.  These can support the weight of the implant during healing to give you the best result.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Inframammary fold too low

+1

You did not include a photo, however, you used the magic word "saggy" in describing your breasts pre-operatively.  That makes me think that you might have been a better candidate for a breast lift rather than a breast augmentation.  A breast lift with or without implants would have given you a perkier look to your breasts but would have required more scarring.  As for the fold under the breast being too low, this is certainly a fixable problem.  It would require a second surgery to reconstruct the crease back to its normal position.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Revision surgery can elevate your inframammary fold

+1

You could definitely undergo revision surgery to raise your inframammary folds and decrease the size of your implants. The reconstruction of the fold will require placement of sutures (capsulorrhaphy) within the lower part of your implant pocket. This surgery can be quite successful in improving the malposition of implants due to excessive lowering of the fold at the time of surgery or from bottoming out of the implants due to weak tissue support. Thank you for sharing your questions. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD