I'm not happy with my Breast Augmentation results. Am I a case for a revision? (photos)

Had surgery 7/3/14.My results are horrible.Had my first consultation, talked to my PS but he said this shape is normal. I really like and respect him but maybe I'm not asking the right questions. They are too high. My shape does not even look human breasts. I'm a 5'1, 104lb. Got HP68 320cc filled to 330cc saline under the muscle. Inframamary incision. . Am I a case for a revision? My profile looks so ugly! I'd appreciate any advice I could get.Thank you so much!

Hopefully you are seeing some settling

+4
as you are excessively high.  Your surgeon should be helping you through this difficult time but in most people, their implants settle to a satisfactory position.  I use the strap in my practice and have been delighted with its effect.  Some poo poo its use but its saved my results on more than one occasion.  You don't start thinking revisions until you are considered healed... 4-6 months after your procedure.  So work at getting them down!

Your implants need to drop

+1
Your implants do seem to sit high.  Sometimes right after surgery implants can look like they are very high and then over the next 3-4 months they settle down.  If you still look like this after 3 months, you most likely will need a revision.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

You need to wait for your breasts to settle

+1
When breast implants are first put into your body, they typically sit higher up in the chest. This is because it’s the path of least resistance – your body requires some time to adjust to their presence, regardless of whether they’ve been placed in a sub-mammary (between breast tissue and chest muscle) or dual plane (under both the breast and chest muscle). Immediately following surgery, you’ll find that your newly enhanced breasts appear very full and swollen, especially in the upper portion above the nipples. Your skin will most likely look very tight and your nipples may point slightly downward as well. This is what is happening to you based on your photos.

As you progress in your recovery, they will change for the better, something casually known as “dropping and fluffing”. As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Over the course of about three to four months, your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing. It allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

Although it's often called "dropping", it is more like "redistribution". The "fluffing" part refers to the impression that the lower breast enlarges and that your skin softens with the creation of new tissues. The extent to which this occurs depends on several factors, including the implant size, the tightness of your skin, and your body shape.

For this reason, I suggest you wait until about three to four months after surgery before assessing your results.

Jerome Edelstein, MD