Connecticut Doctor Recommendation for Tear Trough Injection

How can I find a doctor who specializes in or has done many procedures with under eye fillers for tear troughs in my area (CT)?

Experience is the key to getting good results in the tear trough area.

+1

Experience is the key to getting good results in the tear trough area. It is a tricky procedure to perform, and is best done by a board certified dermatologist, ophthalmologist, or plastic surgeon, I prefer to use hyaluronic fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm in this area because they can be disolved if the doctor or patient does like the result.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Injectables inthe tear trough area

+1

Injectables in the tear trough area can be a tricky thing.  You should find a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, or dermatologist who performs injectables.  Good luck.

Tear trough injections rejuvenate the lower eyelid.

+1

Dear Lisa,

You should go to a board-certified doctor that is experienced with injectable fillers, and has lots of photos demonstrating favorable results.

My preference for the lower eyelid groove is Silikon-1000 which gives completely natural, permanent results. I have several photos on my profile here at RealSelf.com you could look at.

If you decide to get Silikon-1000, make sure your doctor discusses the position of the FDA and "off-label" applications. And also make sure your doctor is a very experienced injector, since the proper use of Silikon-1000 is critical.

Juvederm works well, and I've seen it last over a year. Since Juvederm attracts water, you can get a bulge if too much is placed.

Again, go for 1) board-certified, 2)lots of photos, 3)experience experience experience. Of course, you should like the person as well...

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon