Do You Recommend Someone to Get a Tummy Tuck That Does Not Have Kids Yet?

I am going to have a bbl and lipo next month. I was trying to decide if i should get a tummy tuck as well. I am 30 years old and currently overweight but don't have no kids. So I am a little undecided about the procedure. I do plan on having kids in the future. So my question is would you recommend a 30 year old with no kids for a tummy tuck? Also what is the estimate recovery time?

Tummy tuck before kids?

+2

The answer depends on your motivation and timing. If you are planning to become pregnant in the next year or two, then it is better, particularly from a cost standpoint, to wait. However if you aren't in a serious relationship and planning kids within a clear timeline, then if your abdomen disturbs you, you could explore surgery now.

+2

In general, waiting to have a tummy tuck until after having children makes the most sense.  However, if there is a great deal of loose skin that is bothering you, then intervention earlier may be appropriate.  This needs to be determined on a case by case basis.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck Now and Kids later or Vice Versa

+1

Is it OK to have Kids after a Tummy Tuck?

Of Course it makes the most sense to wait until your last pregnacy is finished so you do not have to redo the procedure due to stretched skin and lax muscles. On the other hand  many women that do not plan on having kids for several more years will still choose to have a TummyTuck. It is a very personal choice.A second tummy tuck can be done after the pregnancy

/

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy Tuck Before Having Children?

+1

If you are significantly overweight,  neither a tummy tuck nor liposuction is the ideal operation for you. These procedures are not a replacement for diet and exercise. Lose your weight first.

If you are contemplating having children in the future, most plastic surgeons will recommend waiting until after you have had your children before proceeding with a tummy tuck. If you have enough skin laxity, which will not be corrected with liposuction, a combined procedure of liposuction and a wedge removal of the excess skin at the bottom of the abdomen, without tightening of the muscle, which is usually performed with a full abdominoplasty, may be a reasonable compromise and not burn any of the bridges for future pregnancies.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is difficult to offer a useful answer without more info, including photos, height and weight. Neither liposuction nor tummy tuck is a weight loss operation. Depending on how overweight you are, you may not be a candidate for either procedure. All the best. 

Plastic Surgery is not for loosing weight

+1

If you are overweight as you admit in your own question then neither tummy tuck nor liposuction is a preferred operation for you.

Loose weight and then revisit plastic surgery options afterwards.  You will be glad that you waited.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Age 30 and Wondering About Tummy Tuck

+1

I think you need to wait to have your tummy tuck, since your family is not yet complete, and you are overweight.

What about a compromise......a liposuction of the abdomen if you need it and removal of the skin just at the bottom of the abdomen for some tightening at the same time.  That way you can still have a tummy tuck after you have your family, and you haven't burned any bridges, but can look better now!

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) before pregnancy

+1

Dear Mrs. Monroe,

While most abdominoplasties are performed on women after child bearing, on occasion it is performed before or unintentionally before... In my experience 40% of women pregnant after Abdominoplasty underwent a second Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty. You should discuss the possibility of Smartlipo or other skin tightening modalities to be added to you liposuction and wait for the results before having an LTA. Best of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tucks before kids

+1

Its something that only you can decide is right for you, considering costs, recovery and anticipated results.  You mention you are overweight... but is your weight holding stable or are you creeping upwards?  I discourage patients from having body contour procedures if they cannot keep their weight stable since it would simply be a waste of money if the weight keeps going up.

Curtis Wong, MD

Do you recommend a TT in a 30 year woman who has not yet had kids and desires to have children in the future

+1

I, normally, would dissuade patients from undergoing a TT if they still plan on having children. Also, you mention that you are overweight, but by how many pounds? If you are not sure as to when you may want to get pregnant and you have a lot of loose skin that's presently very much bothering you, and your weight is not grossly over your suggested weight, then a TT can be considered. But this has to be very thoroughly discussed with your surgeon. Good luck! 

George Lefkovits, MD