Connecticut Plastic Surgeon Specializing in Neck Lift or Lower Facelift?

I've had "Smart Lipo" (non-suction) which did nothing at all to resolve my problem which is a "weak chin" and skin/tissue under my chin.

At 48, I am also now getting the jowls and am trying to find a local plastic surgeon with references from past patients.

I understand most have a consultation fee, which is fine with me, but I do want to spend my money more responsibly this time by doing more research. Could you please tell me how to find the right plastic surgeon for me that will be able to give me a jawline?

Neck suspension and lift

+3

Neck suspension and neck lift.

The chin does not appear weak. A neck suspension procedure with or without neck skin lifting procedure has been effective in many patients with similar complaint. Wha tyou have is acommon complaint that we adress with a "wattle neck" procedure which is often combined with other procedures. A deep layer tightening of the neck muculature and suspension give long lasting results. We are located in New Haven and if you review the procedures at our website you may find it helpfull or at least instructive to your search.

New Haven Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of neck and jawline

+3

Hi,

It's not terribly surprising that you didn't get great results from Smart Lipo of the neck; your problems were not only extra fat between the superficial neck muscles and the skin, but also generalized laxity (looseness) of the platysma muscle, which is a sling that helps create a sharply defined neck and jawline and, as well as extra fat located deep to that muscle - that can't be treated with liposuction.

Your best bet is weight loss to help lose some of the fat located deep to the platysma muscle, followed by a face and neck lift to suspend the midfacial soft tissue, eliminate the jowls, and create a sharp jaw and neck line.

I can't recommend any specific plastic surgeons in Connecticut, but you're not far from New York City, which is one of the epicenters of facial aesthetic surgery. There are many internationally acclaimed surgeons, including Sherrell Aston, Dan Baker, Alan Matarasso and Nicholas Tabbal, all of whom are incredibly talented facelift surgeons.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Treating the fatty neck

+3

I can see that you got nothing from Smartlipo and would have predicted that based on the amount of fat and loss of angularity in your neck. You have a strong chin but it looks soft to you because your neck angles from chin to chest rather than back and then down.

What you need is to first be sure your weight is within 20 pounds of ideal for you. Next you need a cheek and neck lift to remove all the fat in the neck, tighten the muscles and redrape the skin and remove the excess.

Please check the photos I have on this site for examples. I can't specifically recommend a CT surgeon but if you go to their web sites you should be looking for photos that show what you want. Look for ABPS certification.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Neck lift or facelift will give you good result.

+2

Hi.
1) You absolutely do not have a weak chin!
2) I wrote an article for RealSelf about how to pick a plastic surgeon (for neck lift or other cosmetic procedure) which I think you will find helpful. You can read it on my profile.

Surgery for neck

+2

An excellent surgeon I know in Greenwich Ct is Dr. Jon Sherwyn. He is very meticulous and explains your options thoroughly.  It is definitely worth a consultation with him. He also has an office in NYC.

Connecticut Plastic Surgeon Specializing in Neck Lift or Lower Facelift

+1

The ASPS and ASAPS websites would be good starting points for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. David Bass may be a possibility. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to review your options.

Facial rejuvenation

+1

Just from the one side view, it does not looklike you need a chin implant.  However you do have jowls and a low slung neck which probably could use a little work to make it look better.