Will recovery time be about the same with a breast lift with augmentation as a regular breast augmentation?

I currently have 525 cc saline moderate profile implants under the muscle but had them before my second child was born and now they are sagging. I want to have a lift and change implants from moderate to high profile. I'm just wondering if I'll have less chest pain since I've already have larger implants?

+1
Usually there is less pain with a replacement. Find an expert in breast surgery who has great reviews and great before and after photos.

Breast implant exchange and lift

+1
Thank you for your question. You will likely have less recovery time after this operation compared to your last breast augmentation procedure. The typical recovery after breast implants placed under the muscle has to do with expansion of the muscle which you have already undergone. If you need to have a lift at the same time, depending on the type of the lift, your recovery may vary. You would have to be seen in person or Skype for exact specifications and recommendations.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Implant replacement is less painful than first augmentation.

+1
You're correct that replacing breast implants should be less painful than your first breast augmentation.  However the addition of the breast lift may delay her recovery not from pain but from the need to heal from the breast lift incisions.  You'll need to be careful about doing upper body exercises for the first 4-6 weeks giving time for your new incisions to heal and strengthen.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with Implant Exchange

+1

Most of the discomfort from a breast augmentation usually comes from making the implant pocket. Since you already have implants, it is likely that your recovery second time around will be much easier even with a breast lift included.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Less Pain with Implant Exchange

+1
Yes, there should be less pain following a breast lift and exchange of  implants from moderate to high profile. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Lift with Implants

+1
Hi Schrodie,
I would ask yourself if you are done with children, first.  Then, if so, plan on about a three week recovery before getting back to normal activity.  It is only a guess, but I would guess you will have less discomfort!  If you smoke, stop this also.  Good luck, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast augmentation

+1
Usually patients have less pain after a revision, but it really depends upon the extent of work being done to achieve your goals.

Recovery time after breastlift/augmentation compared to augmentation alone

+1
the recovery time is about the same. the choice of which surgery you might need is an important one which should be discussed with a certified plastic surgeon. I have found it helpful to take 3D images with the Vecra  machine which ad a give a good prediction of the outcome. good luck

William Lambeth, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Discomfort should be less than the first surgery

+1
Your scenario is not uncommon.  In most cases, when a re-augmentation is performed, there won't be as much soreness as was experienced the first time.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and changing implants

+1
The addition of a breast lift does not add much at all discomfort or time to your recovery. It will take time for those scars to fade however. I do not understand the switch to HP implants from moderate saline implants. If you have in 525cc implants, that has a wide base diameter that you most probably needed. If you go to an HP implant it is much narrower so you will increase the projection or the amount the implant sticks out, but loose the width which you may need to keep your cleavage close and the implants not seem wide apart. 
If you are looking for a more natural appearance, I would probably suggest a change to a silicone implant, but go by the base diameter of your breast if you want the most natural look. Contact a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the issue further. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon