Do I need a lift or are implants enough?

35 yr old, 5`3. 128pnds. breastfed my child. I was perky 36c cup before, now 36c deflated. I want to be perky but not too big or fake looking. if I need a lift can I use the lollipop on my size? Will it droop over time or stretchout my nipples?

+2
Hi there, and thanks for the question. As you can tell there is a variety of opinions. If you are looking to be perky but natural, I think you will need an inverted T lift with a moderate style implant. The technique is very predictable. This will move your nipple to a more aesthetically please position. The implant will improve your projection and give you more fullness to the deflated upper pole of you breast. The horizontal part of the T incision hides very well in the crease and rest of the scar with your type of fair complexion will fade away over a years time. I think you would benefit from an implant as you are low breasted and with the lift you will like the position of your nipple but probably complain about being empty up top if you don't use an implant. I hope this helps. Good luck

Lift with implant

+2
Hi
If you are after a perky look which doesn't look fake, then you need a lift and implant.

My suggestions are an inverted T scar with the horizontal scar hidden in the crease. In my humble opinion this gets the most predictable results post-breast feeding. 
The reason for this is because of your stretched skin's inability to contract when using a lollipop scar.
This will also prevent the stretched areolar look.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Depends on look you want to achieve

+1
If you want only implants then the sagging of your breasts will only be enhanced, and it will sag further with time. You may be able to get away without a lift, though, if you're interested in achieving a more natural appearance. However, I would have to see the side view.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

+1
Based on your photo, it appears you would benefit the most with a lollipop lift & augmentation with silicone gel implants.  It doesn't sound like you want to go very large, but if you went with a larger implant, you could avoid the lift for now but would most likely need one over time.  From the moment you leave the OR, you are fighting gravity so I would recommend always supporting your breasts with a good bra when you can, but eventually you may require a touch up lift.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift in addition to breast implants will improve your result.

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  From your photograph it appears that you will need a breast lift especially if sub-muscular breast augmentation is to be performed.  The benefits of sub-muscular breast augmentation are well known and significant.

Although breast implants could be placed beneath the breast gland on top of the muscle most surgeons feel that this would increase the chance of further sagging and the implants would be lower on your chest wall.  Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Lift

+1
Typically we determine whether a breast lift is necessary by the position of the nipple relativel to the inframammary fold (breast crease).  If the nipple is below the inframammary fold or pointing down then you would benefit from a lift. Based on the picture that you have sent, I believe you would be best served by a breast lift (vertical or inverted T approach).  A modest implant would provide improved superior pole fill.

Perry J. Johnson, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift needed in addition to implants?

+1
Thank you for your question and photo.  To reach the goal you have stated, you will likely need a lift to raise the nipple position to a more aesthetic position as well as tighten the skin.  Only a very large implant will fill in your skin enough to create a full breast without extra or sagging skin.  For a more natural look with a nice shape, a vertical or lollipop scar with an implant will achieve this for you.
Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

+1
Breast augmentation with a lollipop lift will produce a very nice result.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Implant enough or need a lift?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Those are all valid questions but without seeing you for an examination or at least pictures, there is really no good way to provide you with advice. Based on your description I can only guess that you would likely need an implant and a lift of some sort. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Breast lift?

+1
Without an exam or pictures to go by, it is impossible to give you any information.  If you have simply lost volume through child bearing but have a good shape to your breasts then an implant would be the solution for restoring volume.  If your breasts are sagging then a breast lift, with or without implants, would be the answer.  The exact type of lift would need to be determined by your examining doctor.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD