I am 10 months post lower body lift and questioning my results. (photo)

I am 10 months post lower body lift and questioning my results. Appears that my outer thighs (saddlebags) are severely pronounced now and despite a full abdominal muscle repair I have lost what was once a waist. Not happy with the mons lift that was to be included with my LBL. What can be done to enhance my waist and provide some contouring to my shape? Please advise and thank you for your input!

LBL

+3
Hello and thank you for your question.  Your results are good and standard for a LBL. Unfortunately one of the side effects of doing a LBL lift is what I call masculinization of the trunk. It takes away hip fat making the waist look wider. I have developed a flap to prevent this as I saw these same results in my own patients.  The question now is if anything can be done to help. The hip flap that I do cannot be done now as all that tissue was removed.  My suggestion would be to have liposuction of the waist and flanks and thighs and transfer that fat to your hip areas. At the same time the pubis can be revised.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

LBL results

+2
Your results are great from your LBL.  I think the only option you would have at this point to enhance you waist would be to have liposuction of your flanks and your surgeon can revise your mons at that point.  Good luck

Matthew Kaufman, MD
Red Bank Plastic Surgeon

Your hourglass figure

+2
You already have a nice result after the body lift.
In my opinion what you need is a thorough liposuction to upper and lower back to make your back smaller, lipo to abdomen to make it look flatter and a thorough liposuction to lateral torso and waist to create and nice and tapered waist. 
Definitely fat transference into your but and hips will be a great help to create a more curvaceous figure and fuller more projected butt. 
Your pubic ├írea will need liposuction and probably a minor lift using the same incision of the TT. 
Be encouraged. You will be loving your results. It is just enhancing what you already have. 
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lower Body Lift Must be done with Liposuction of the Flanks

+1
I see your results as fair.  In my practice (and I've done a LOT of post bariatric plastic surgery) I routinely liposuction the flank region for EXACTLY this reason.  Without it, the patients end up looking a little boxy.  Since I insist on a nice result, it is worth spending the extra time in the OR performing flank liposuction so that they get a nice waistline.
I invite you to have a look at some of my previous results with this technique because I suspect the liposuction of your waist will enhance your results quite a bit.

Thomas P. Sterry, MD