Congenital Ptosis - Doctor Recommendations

Greeting, im having another revision surgery on my congenital ptosis condition. Which doctor should i pick on: 1)Head and Senior Consultant (Oculoplastic Service) MBBS(S’pore), MMed(Ophth), FRCS(Ed), FAMS 2)Head and Senior Consultant (Aesthetic Eyeplastic Service) MBBS, FRCS, FRCOphth, FAMS. They are both specialize in Oculoplastic/ Aesthetic Eyeplastic Service. Beside that, any doctor to recommend in singapore? With regards, Ming.

Ask to see pictures of someone with a similar congenital ptosis

+1

As long as you’re seeing an oculoplastic surgeon for ptosis repair, you’re on the right track. All these doctors seem to have good credentials. One thing you can do to get a better understanding is to ask to see pictures of someone with a similar congenital ptosis that they have repaired. Or, sometimes you can even ask to speak to a patient they have treated for the same condition.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital ptosis

+1

Congenital ptosis repair is not a simple procedure.  You are correct in attempting to seek a qualified expert.  I do not know either of these individuals personally but both seem to be well qualified.  Avoid going to anyone who promises you a perfect result.]

Brian Biesman

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital Ptosis Repair

+1

Go to the person that you feel comfortable with - consult with both and choose the one who you feel is experienced and able to do your revision.  Both of the doctors look like they have excellent credentials.  I don't know of any oculoplastic surgeons in Singapore so I can't give any recommendations on a particular doc.  Good luck!

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon