Congenital Ptosis - Doctor Recommendations

Greeting, im having another revision surgery on my congenital ptosis condition. Which doctor should i pick on: 1)Head and Senior Consultant (Oculoplastic Service) MBBS(S’pore), MMed(Ophth), FRCS(Ed), FAMS 2)Head and Senior Consultant (Aesthetic Eyeplastic Service) MBBS, FRCS, FRCOphth, FAMS. They are both specialize in Oculoplastic/ Aesthetic Eyeplastic Service. Beside that, any doctor to recommend in singapore? With regards, Ming.

Ask to see pictures of someone with a similar congenital ptosis

As long as you’re seeing an oculoplastic surgeon for ptosis repair, you’re on the right track. All these doctors seem to have good credentials. One thing you can do to get a better understanding is to ask to see pictures of someone with a similar congenital ptosis that they have repaired. Or, sometimes you can even ask to speak to a patient they have treated for the same condition.

Congenital ptosis

Congenital ptosis repair is not a simple procedure.  You are correct in attempting to seek a qualified expert.  I do not know either of these individuals personally but both seem to be well qualified.  Avoid going to anyone who promises you a perfect result.]

Brian Biesman

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital Ptosis Repair

Go to the person that you feel comfortable with - consult with both and choose the one who you feel is experienced and able to do your revision.  Both of the doctors look like they have excellent credentials.  I don't know of any oculoplastic surgeons in Singapore so I can't give any recommendations on a particular doc.  Good luck!

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon