Congenital Ptosis Worse After Brow Lift

my congenital ptosis got worst than before after the brow lift surgery ( sling surgery from leg muscle ). After the surgery, my left eyes (congenital ptosis) look the same as before or rather worse. I did make another appointment with doctor X in singapore, and going through my profile again. I told him my condition and stand. But he say that its brillant surgery !! The sling surgery failed, and i felt my eyelid and eyeball are heavy. need advices.

Congenital ptosis and the frontalis sling.

+2

The severity of congenital ptosis is related to the amount of eyelid muscle (levator muscle) weakness. In some instances, a frontalis sling is the only surgical option. In other cases eyelid surgery not involving the eyebrow can be used to correct congenital ptosis.  

When a frontalis sling procedure is performed, the surgeon must titrate the height of the eyelid during surgery. The final amount of elevation is related to the severity of the muscle weakness and pre-operative eyelid position. The surgeon must be careful to minimize the risk of post-operative lagophthalmos (inability to close the eyes) when setting the eyelid height. Since lagophthalmos can result in drying of the eye, and damage to the cornea, conservative correction of the ptosis may be performed to minimize this risk.

If the eyelids remain low following surgery, adjustment or removal and replacement of the sling is necessary.  

Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital ptosis repair is complex

+1

Congenital ptosis repair is difficult and sometimes reoperations or revisions are necessary.  Seek the advice of your surgeon or get another opinion for another surgeon about possible reoperation.

Melanie Ho Erb, MD
Santa Monica Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis

+1

If you have congential ptosis and poor levator function a sling is the solution, and you may need a revision.

Forehead or brow sling for your upper eyelid ptosis.

+1

It appears that the upper eyelid sling has not effectively lifted the upper eyelid. You may require a revision. Seek another appointment with your surgeon or obtain a second opinion.

Congenital Eyelis Ptosis after Browlift

+1

You have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis, left worse than right. A browlift will not improve the ptosis. Treatment of this condition is very difficult - I suggest you get a second opinion.

Congenital ptosis

+1

Congenital ptosis surgery is difficult to perfect.  The eyelid muscle is weak and therefore the eyelid needs to be linked to the forehead (frontalis) muscle, in order to provide the necessary lift.  The linkage is done various materials or tissues.  The link can sometimes break.  There are pros and cons for each material/tissue used.  It appears you need a revision of the sling.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

The brow lift will not help the ptosis

+1

The picture shows bilateral ptosis,worse over the left side and scar from the surgery. Brow lift will not help the ptosis and you may need revision of the ptosis repair .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon