Confused, Same Body Two Different Opinions?

I am 46 years old 5 feet 3 inches & 155lbs. My breast measure 23/24 & 19 between breast. I currently wear a 38C. I am looking to have a tummy tuck, lipo & a breast augmentation (about 400cc) My dilema is that 1st Dr. stated I did not need a lift & 2nd Dr. said I do. 2nd Dr. said I would be left with a B- cup size after the Breast Lift (lolypop incision.) I dont particularly want a lift as I am concerned about losing nipple sensation. Why such a difference? I've lost 40lbs with in the year.

Breast lif

+1

It  is not at all unusual to get different opinions especially for something like slightly saggy breasts. your situation sounds like you are on the border of whether a lift is needed or not and photos would definitely help is making a recommendation.  It sounds like I would probably perform a vertical lift and implant.  When done well, the scars heal very nicest and it is more likely to give you nicer shaped breasts than an implant alone.  the incidence of decreased nipple sensation is quite low with a vertical lift in my experience, not much different then the incidence with implants alone.  You should look at photos of the surgeons you consulted and try to find a similar situation to yours and see how the result looks to you. Good. Luck!

Different opinions

+1

You probably got different recommendations for two reasons: either the philosophy of the surgeons differ or their perceived goals were different. You should explain specifically as possible what YOUR goals are in terms of shape, size, contour, texture, etc. The more specific you are, the more the recommendations will match. In other words, the surgeon's recommendation will be the road map to where you want to go rather than only going to where individual surgeons want to lead you. In the end, the final recommendation will be a collaboration between you and your surgeon.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Confused because of Different Opinions from Plastic Surgeons?

+1

It is in the nature of plastic surgery that you will receive many different opinions  as to the best way to proceed. In other words, if you visit 5 plastic surgeons you might come away with 5 different  recommendations. Therefore, seeking additional consultations may be helpful to you;  more so than online consultation ( where the consultants do not have the benefit of examining you and or communicating your goals).  If, after the in person consultations  with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons, you come away with a “consensus” opinion,  you will feel more comfortable proceeding…

Otherwise, you may want to submit frontal/side pictures of your breasts for more  precise online advice.

Confused

+1

Can't help much without photos--please consider attaching some. Not everything is a black or white decision, and where the indications are near the borderline, you will find differering opinions. I may be missing something, but I don't quite understand how you can go from a C cup to a B cup after putting in 400 cc implants. A little more explanation is also needed.