What Is a Good Implant Size For My Flat Chest? I'm a Figure Competitor.

Im 5"2 120lbs, 34A maybe B very saggy completely flat. If I wear a t-shirt no bra and stand to the side you can see nothing. My PS wants me to get 400cc unders and disect medial portion of the muscle. I am a figure competitior and I dont want to be too large and I'm worried about the cutting of my muscle. I only want to be a C. Any advice?

Best implants for figure competitor!

+2

Based on your height and weight, as well as your description of your present breast size and your goals, it sounds as if your surgeon has advised you much as I would. Of course, any surgeon who has examined you in person has an advantage over any of us answering online, but you seem unsure for some reason.

"Cutting the muscle" or "dissecting the [infero] medial portion of the muscle" is exactly what should be done to minimize activation distortion with pectoralis contraction, while still providing the significant benefit in minimizing capsular contracture from intraductal bacteria and biofilm formation, as well as creating a nice soft slope in the upper pole of your breasts. Above the muscle has higher capsular contracture rates, as well as a higher likelihood of visible or palpable rippling, edge feel, and an unnatural round "Baywatch look!" Some women like this look, although it is decidedly abnormal.

As to size, I tell my patients that approximately 250cc equals one cup size (based on 25 years experience with thousands of breast augmentation patients), so 400cc implants seem just about perfect to yield "not too large" and to go from an "A maybe B very saggy completely flat" to a C cup.

If all other things seem as they should with your choice of surgeon, I think he or she is recommending appropriately. If you still have concerns, ask your doctor more questions--if the answers seem defensive, incomplete, or unsubstantiated by science, experience, or a feeling of competent confidence, seek additional consultation from ABPS-certified plastic surgeons. This should help you clearly decide who is best for you! Best wishes!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size for figure competitor

+1

Your surgeon's recommendation seems sound. To verify, consult in person with 2 - 3 additional expert and experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Implant for you

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say what is best for you. I commonly palce implants under the muscle for thin patients with not alot of soft tissue coverage.

Picking the correct size implant

+1

Every patient is different and every patient has a different goal in mind for this particular operation. The most important thing you can do is not decide on a number of cc's first or a  cup size but communicate with your surgeon about what you would like to look like after the procedure.  

Photos of other women with your body type may be helpful.   I, like most plastic surgeons use measurements to narrow down the range of implants which would work well for the individual patient. Next, I have patients try implant sizers because this gives a very close approximation of what patients will look like after surgery.

I much prefer that patients like the way they look and whatever cup size that works out to be we will see after surgery when the patient gets measured.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Picking the right implant for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning

2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. So try these implants in the office to pick which look you like the best.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What is appropriate size for figure competitor?

+1

There is typically a range of implant sizes that will expand your breast skin in a pleasing, aesthetic way. However those sizes might appear either too small or too large to you based on your personal preferences or what you think will look good within the competitive arena. Another major concern is just how much sagging skin you have. If you have a significant amount of sagging a breast lift would be essential to creating a natural appearing breast appearance. For most competitive body builders the smaller the breasts, the better. However your overall frame, chest width and the amount of breast skin that needs to have volume replaced. Reviewing photos with your surgeon and trying on implant sizers can help determine the optimal size for you. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Implant Size

+1

Your biggest risk is rippling since you are so thin and have very little breast tissue to begin with. To minimize that risk, I would recommend using silicone gel implants and placing them under the muscle. As a figure competitor you will likely have some movement of the breasts when you flex your pectoral muscles, but that is still better than rippling.

Regarding size, I think you should communicate what size you wish to be (C-Cup) and find some pictures of models who have what you consider C-cup size breasts to show to your surgeon. The surgeon's job is to try to deliver what you want as long as it is realistic- not to dictate what size he thinks you should be. I utilize Sizers in the operating room in order to determine exactly what size implant will give you the look and breast volume you desire.

William H. Gorman, MD

Implant size, have "flat" chest

+1

It is difficult to say what size implant is best for you without first examining you.  However, I would advise you to communicate fully with your plastic surgeon about your goals and concerns.  Being a figure competitor, you know the look that you would like.  Show pictures to your surgeon if you feel like this will help convey your goals better.  

Also, keep in mind that it is difficult to predict cup size after surgery because so much of it depends on how the bra is fitted and on your chest measurements.  

Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Best size for a figure competitor

+1

As a figure competitor, you know the look and what wins the day. The most important thing for you to do is make the look well known to your surgeon. Show him how you wish to look instead of picking a number. The 400cc might be right, though it may be more 'C' than you are after. The cutting the muscle thing causes worry for us too, as the implant no matter how you are shaped must be centered in the breast.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast Implants for Figure Competitor?

+1

My best advice  is to make sure you COMMUNICATE  clearly with your plastic surgeon. 

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Placing breast implants on top of the skin ( pre-operative “sizing”) is not necessarily accurate either.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.