What Type of Procedure Would I Need for my Eyes? (Photos)

I agree that you will benefit from eyelid surgery.

+3

Angie

You have levator dehisence ptosis.  Both eyes have ptosis or droopiness.  The left side looks to be worse but you make a greater effort lifting the eyebrow on the right side.  You also have slight redundancy of upper eyelid skin.  I think it is very unlikely that you have extra fat like you think.  I think it is important for you to understand that since this is reconstructive eyelid surgery, it is unrealistic to expect the two side to look perfectly like each other.  I think the chance of having that type of result is very remote.  This is highly specialized eyelid surgery.  You need to find an eyelid surgery expert training in oculoplastic surgery.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery has a geographic website directory that can help you find a well qualified surgeon for this type of work (asoprs.org).  Please do not expect a general or facial plastic surgeon to make this repair.

Agree that ptosis repair is indicated

+2

I agree with Dr. Steinsapir that you have ptosis (drooping) of both upper eyelids. You also have some wrinkling of the lower eyelids that could be improved. I suggest upper eyelid ptosis repair and possible lower eyelid removal of skin.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Young woman with subtle eyelid differences

+2

Angie, I agree with you, although I will point out that from the photos the difference between the two eyes is very small (the left upper lid looks to be about 1mm lower).  When it comes to making very small adjustments in lid position, sometimes it is better to leave things the way they are- it all depends on the surgeon's evaluation and knowing about the predictability of their procedure.  Keep in mind these can be very unforgiving surgeries.  Once the lids undergo a surgical procedure, it is very difficult, if not impossible to undo any problems.  That is coming from an oculofacial plastic surgeon who has a great deal of training and experience with these problems.

If you are particularly bothered by your lids, seek out an expert or several in your area.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid surgery for drooping lid

+2

Your photos are not all consistent, though it appears that you have a droop or ptosis of one lid. The type of correction depends on the amount of the normal lid function. The only way to clearly sort things out is a visit with a surgeon in your area.

peterejohnsonmd

Ptosis repair

+2

You have ptosis of the eyelids with moderate amount of excess skin. You do not have excess fat. You need repair of the levator dehiscence with conservative excision of skin. Symmetry would be better but may not be perfect.

Raj Chowdary, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

You have ptosis

+2
Your upper eyelids are sagging and you try to use your forehead muscle to help open your eyes. You can benefit from ptosis repair but I would caution you about your expectations and what the results would be.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Female

+2

ou appear to have minimal skin folds on the upper and lower lids at this time. I think you are best off leaving them alone at this time in your life

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Eye surgery

+2

Your eyes look good.What specifically do you have in mind? Youe eyes have a nice symetric fold and I do not see any fat herniation.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

What Type of Procedure Would I Need for my Eyes?

+1

From the photos, of your eyes, it does appear that you may have some true upper eyelid ptosis of the left eyelid.  The correction would be ptosis repair on that eyelid.