Do I need another anchor lift? (photo)

I didn't want to necessarily go smaller or bigger I wanted upper pole fullness and to have my boobs look like they have been"done".I ended up w/ 575and 625cc (saline).Saw my Dr today, he agreed with my dissatisfaction &wants to redo my anchor lift with some internal sutures while keeping my current implant sizes. I'm scared and don't know if that's what I should do,I hate having to have another surgery and scared to be doing it twice.What would you recommend? Do you think this is the right path?

Anchor Lift? #breastlift

+2

It would appear that you do need an anchor lift. However, I do not feel now is the right time. You may be better off to let your implants settle for 3 months and then have it done. The reason being that you may also need the pocket revised to hold the implants up higher. That in combination with a lift will give you the upper pole fullness. This advice is difficult to be spot on without seeing you in person.

Anchor lift?

+2

In my opinion, you really do need an anchor lift. The position of the breasts is still too low and the skin needs to be tightened to get the look that you want.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Yes you do need a revision if you want more fullness on top

+2

as you show in the photos you provided. My concern is if you have a lot of tissue that was simply 'tucked' up, you will have undesirable changes over time so if you really want the 'implanted look', you may benefit more from a 'reduction' with larger augmentation but going done this pathway one way only and you cannot go back to what you were before.

Second anchor lift or not?

+2

I am sorry you feel unhappy with the results. You mentioned that since the first surgery you didn't have a preference for the size, but to have more projection on the upper area; This wasn't achieved because there is still a lot of tissue that covers the implant. What I would suggest for the second procedure is to have a Breast reduction with implant replacement of smaller size, this time using texturized silicone gel implants, because these adhere to one place and saline implants ( which are not texturized ) will move in time and also weigh more. I hope this information is helpful.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do you need another anchor lift?

+2

Based on the picture of Kendra Wilkinson you have provided, you will benefit from doing another anchor mastopexy with a bit smaller implants (450-500cc). Another suggestion is to do a breast reduction and then keep the same size implants. Either or, it is recommended that you would need another surgery done if you want to achieve and/or come closer to your goal.

Augmentation-Reduction breast surgery for sagging breasts

+2

I don't know the details of your initial procedure - for your original surgeyr, I would have planned a very aggressive breast reduction procedure and then augmented that result - this would eliminate the sagging breast tissue that will eventually 'resag' if ignored and not removed.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com/progallery/breast-augmentation-and-lift-combo-by-sattler-plastic-surgery/mastopexy-augmentation-1

Do I need another anchor breast lift?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your situation is not uncommon and hopefully this response will be helpful to you and other young ladies with the same concerns.

Many patients who are starting out with a significant amount of breast tissue and/or some “sagging”, will benefit from removal of some breast skin/tissue prior to undergoing breast augmentation surgery. Otherwise, if they they have a breast augmentation and breast lift, they will likely not be pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

One analogy I used to describe the issues at hand is called the sheet versus comforter analogy. Young ladies who present with very little breast and/or adipose tissue “coverage” (analogous to "sheets") are more likely to achieve the “full, round” look with breast augmentation surgery since the breast implants will show themselves through the relative thin coverage present.

On the other hand, patients who present with more breast and/or adipose tissue coverage (“comforters”), are less likely to achieve the full round look ("done" look) after breast augmentation and/or lifting surgery, because the “roundness” of the breast implants does not show themselves through the relatively thick overlying coverage.

For these patients, who present with a significant amount of soft tissue coverage, traditional breast augmentation/lifting surgery may leave the patient dissatisfied, given that the “full, round” look is not achieved. One option for these patients is to remove breast tissue as well as breast skin during a breast reduction/lifting operation. By doing so, the plastic surgeon is essentially converting the patient from a “comforter” to a “sheet” situation. In my practice, I use a second stage breast augmentation procedure to achieve the “full, round” look that the patient is hoping for. During this stage, selection of breast implant type, profile, size etc. becomes important. Careful preoperative communication is one of the keys to success.

I hope this, and the attached link with more detail, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

BBA

+1
You may benefit from removing some tissue and using a smaller implant.  You need to be examined in person to determine this, however.  Make sure you see a BC PS.

Web reference: http://www.drpirani.com/breast-enhancement-toronto/breast-augmentation/

Do I need another anchor lift?

+1

Very hard in this case to over the internet advise. Best to seek second opinions in person.. My guess is re lifting with fat grafts to upper poles..

Breast lift and anchor incision

+1

It does look like you may need an anchor incision. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.