Need Help About Diff Opinions Regarding Time Between Zeltiq Treatments?

One response was: "By 1 month not many of the cells have been removed so there's no point is doing the treatment again. You would just be re-cooling the cells already damaged."

The other response was: "We've done it both ways and get the best results redoing it at one month. You can certainly wait 2 or 3 or even 4 months but this gives the best results in my opinion. The people we did early who waited didn't get the results as good as the patients we did later 1 month apart." 

Original question http://www.realself.com/question/month-for-2nd-zeltiq-procedure

Optimal Time Between CoolSculpting Treatments

+2

If you look at the studies that were conducted to develop CoolSculpting you can clearly see that fat reduction is minimal at 1 month.  This is because the inflammatory process is just getting up to speed.  By 2 months there is a clear reduction in the fat layers, approximately 80%. 

The researchers behind CoolSculpting looked at many variable to determine the degree of cooling, amount of time to cool the fat and the side effects. It's clear to me that there is no indication to repeat an area at one month.  I think practitioners that are advocating this are looking for $.  Do the smart thing and wait two months.  Who knows you may not even need a repeat.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Time Between CoolSculpting Treatments

+1

It has been shown that it is best to wait 8 weeks between treatments for optimal results.

Best Wishes!

Repeated CoolSculpting by Zeltiq can be done at different schedules

+1

it is up to the physician to recommend at what frequency CoolSculpting can be repeated. Theoretically it makes sense to wait for the inflammatory response to get rid of the killed fat cells prior to the next treatment. I am not aware of scientifically, double blind placebo controlled studies investigating the results from Zeltiq done once per month vs. once every three months.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Wait time between Coolsculpting treatments

+1

In our practice we recommend waiting at least 2 months, but anywhere between 2 and 4 months if acceptable. Keep in mind, 80 % of results are seen at 2 months.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting can be repeated in 2 months

+1

according to the clinical studies it is best to separate repeat treatments by 2 months.  Best to you.

Carolyn Jacob, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Time between Zeltiq treatments

+1

Greetings~

There will surely always be differing opinions when it comes to length of time between treatments, but we recommend 8 weeks for our Zeltiq patients.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Time Between Zeltig Treatments

+1

If you want to retreat the same area with Zeltig, I would wait 8-12 weeks for the first re-treatment.  Then, if you want to retreat again to the same area I would wait 4 weeks in between.  If you are treating different areas, then there is no wait time.

Good Luck,

David R Finkle, MD

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon