Confused About Rhinoplasty Results

Im kind of confused to what my surgeon did. I had a bump that i wanted to be shaven down and the tip just needed to be lifted a little. Right now i feel the tip is too high up and my nose looks taller than it was. the bump is gone but i feel it looks to much like a nose job.he said somthing about adding a skin graft to the top to make it appear nice and straight but does this mean my nose will remain tall? i no theres some swelling but even if that goes down it seems taller than it was.

Rhinoplasty Results

+3

A rhinoplasty is the most complicated and challenging operation that we perform as plastic surgeons.  That being said, it often has the highest rate of revision surgery with unhappy patients from surgeons with limited experience.  This is assuming that what a patient actually wanted was achievable in surgery. Thus, someone would need to see your before and after comparisons after 1 year has elapsed from your surgery date.  Then you could have a better idea about your results.  Your best option is to discuss this with your doctor and review the photos together.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Confused about rhinoplasty results

+2

I'm confused ALSO- NO PHOTO! So my guess you were over resected- Sorry! You did not specify the date of operation so I assume it was very recently? Try and wait for the swelling to subside than if not happy complain.

From MIAMI DR. B 

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Unfortunately you did not submit pictures and I don't understand your description of a "taller" nose. If  you're not comfortable with your surgeon's recommendations, it would be best to get a second opinion from a physician experienced in revision rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty results take ! year.

+1

It takes 1 year for the swelling to go down. If it has been more than 1 year see what your surgeon wants to do. If you are dissatisfied get a second opinion from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.