Confused About my Rhinoplasty Results? (photo)

Hello. I had rhinoplasty done a few months ago. I am confused because my nose looks more crooked than before, although just the tip and hump was reduced. My main concern is my tip... Why is it still too droopy? The tip looks the same to me, the only difference is that the position is a big higher. I liked the position, I just didn't like the long droopy part! Can this be fixed? Did I get a bad rhinoplasty? Please help!!!

4 months post rhinoplasty

+1

Although it is hard to be patient, it can take 6 - 12 months for all of the swelling to settle after surgery.  Make sure to take before and after photos from exactly the same angle otherwise it is very difficult to make an accurate comparison from photos alone.  Alos, always make sure to go back to your surgeon if you are having concerns.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Photos are very hard to see the deformities you write about! Best to obtain IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs. 

Confused About my Rhinoplasty Results?

+1

Dear German,

Thank you for your question and photos.  You are a few months out, you still have some swelling that can take a year to go away completely.  Your tip does look a little bit lower. This can be from a few things, but suture failure is one of them.  If after all the swelling is gone, the areas you have concern for can be altered at that time.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Nose tip shape may be impacted by swelling early on after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Your nasal tip is susceptible to swelling after a rhinoplasty so depending on how many months ago your surgery was it could certainly change shape and size with additional healing.  Once you are at about 6 months or so you could start to evaluate your final result which may include additional tip refinement.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD