I Am So Confused: Did I Receive Fraxel Repair or Restore or Something Else?

I had four treatments of what I thought was Fraxel Dual Restore. Each time I experienced quite intense pain even after numbing gel and had to suck happy gas during treatments. Contact gel was applied. I also experienced quite severe swelling from the next morning for about 2 days at least, felt it would not go away it was quite intense for the 2 days. I had little scabs form where laser went,crusting and peeling. My face was completely healed apart from pinkishness in about 6 days.

Fraxel Laser Treatment Reaction

+1

Thank you for your question. Everyone has a different pain tolerance and settings may have been increased to get you a better result. Swelling, scabbing, redness are common side effects. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Fraxel names are confusing, but ask your provider what you had

+1

Fraxel Repair is the brand name for Solta's fractionated CO2 laser.  Fraxel Restore is their fractionated nonablative laser that uses either a 1550 nm wavelength or also a 1927 nm wavelength (Fraxel Dual).  

You need to see your provider to confirm which laser was used. 

Baltimore Dermatologist