Confused and Not Happy About Rinoplasty Results. Nose Looks Too Depressed Now? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty for esthetic and funtional problems 3 1/2 months ago. I had a hump, dropped tip and my nose was kind of twisted. I dont feel confident with the esthetic results. I feel like the hump was shaved to much and now I have like a depression seen from profile, also my nostrils look so different now. By pictures we have seen I had them different prior but by lifting the tip they are more exposed now and look awful to me. What options do I have? Thanks.

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty to improve the appearance of your nose after previous Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

The indentation in the middle of your bridge could be improved by a well-performed Injectable Filler procedure. Although you may have some supratip swelling which may resolve, my hunch is that you would have a more pleasing appearance with your bridge a bit higher at the indentation. I see your slight nostril asymmetry, but this should be observed for now.

My clinical experience is exclusively with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Profile Depression 3.5 Months Following Rhinoplasty

+2

In addition to your observations, you do have fullness above your tip. Kenalog injections may reduce this convexity which will make the depression less obvious. Wait another 6 months before judging your nose and deciding if you want to have a revision.

Rhinoplasty issues

+2

Your concerns are appreciated based upon the photos. At this point you have to give it time to settle down. If the profile is too low, filler may be a nice way to raise it up a bit. More permanent solutions are with graft material.

Dorsal Depression After Rhinoplasty

+2

Your concerns are both visible and understandable about the low bridge. But it is too early to completely see the final result and before any time of revisional surgery can be done. That must wait a full year for tissue relaxation and complete edema resolution. in the interim, an injectable filler treatment will temporarily improve the result until the timing is better for revisional surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Depressed bridge and pinched tip after rhinoplasty

+2

I can see your concern about the depression on your bridge. There also may some excess fullness in the area just above your tip as well. This may be amenable to a steroid injection to see how it responds. This may help bring the profile line into better harmony. You would need to allow your nose to heal at least a year to get a better idea of whether a revision procedure is indicated.

With lifting or rotating the tip you will end up seeing more of your nostrils. It's hard to assess that aspect without seeing full face photos.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Bridge too low after rhinoplasty.

+2

You are correct.  Tha bridge appears too low and the tip may end up pinched.  You have 2 choices. The first is to wait at least 5 months and have a revision by an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.  The second is to have a filler like Juvederm to correct this temporarily until the surgery can be done. 

Depressed dorsum

+2

It does look like a depression on the dorsum. The easiest correction is some juvederm into the depression without surgery.To me the alar grooves which extend almost to the alar rim are more troubling with a somewhat pinched tip. These too can be fixed by juvederm . Both problems can be fixed by surgery after adequate healing.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Nasal Swelling And Irregularities At 3,5 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

At 3.5 months post-op, I highly recommend that you be patient and wait till the final results of your surgery get established. Mother nature will take its course so your nasal tip will become less bulky and more definition will be added to your nose once the swelling is completely resolved and your healing is accomplished.

With that perspective, it is is for your benefit to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

I believe fillers injections and corrective procedures are a bit early to consider before your final results are secured.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

What Now?

+1

At three & one half months, your physician could use some temporary nasal fillers with the thought of a possible rhinoplasty revision at, say, twelve months.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon