I'm Confused As to What Type of Surgery I Need, a Rinoplasty or a Nostril Reduction? (Photos)

I'm Confused As to What Type of Surgery I Need, a Rinoplasty or a Nostril Reduction?

+1

IMHO, both a Tip Plasty as part of a closed Rhinoplasty, to refine and thin the nasal tip as well as internal weir incisions to decrease the nostril size would aesthetically improve the appearance of the nose.

Nostril reduction

+1

You are a good candidate for a nostril reduction using an alar wedge resection. This is where a section of the nostril is excised where the nostril meets your cheek. When done properly the scar will be imperceptible and heal quickly. Since you do not show any other pictures of your nose, I can't tell whether any other nasal surgery is indicated. A profile photo of your nose would be helpful.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty and weir excision (nostril reduction)

+1

better photos needed

rhinoplasty can shape the nose and or the tip of the nose

nostril reduction only makes the nostril size smaller or more narrow

Rhinoplasty or alar reduction

+1

To get the best idea it would be helpful to get a full view of the nose in order to comment on the benefit of a full rhinoplasty. Alar reduction is very likely to be a component and may be your only goal but getting the whole picture is best.

peterejohnsonmd

Rhinoplasty

+1

I think you need a complete rhinoplasty. Your tip is too wide as is the alar base. From what I can see you also need narrowing of the bridge.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty with or without nostril narrowing.

+1

Rhinoplasty with or without nostril narrowing depends on the  goal. I would need to see full face photos. Nostril narrowing does just that and if that is all you need, then you don't need a rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty

+1

First better photos would be helpful. Also the type of surgery depends on your goals. A nostril width reduction which is what I assume you are mentioning is one aspect of rhinoplasty.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty or nostril reduction?

+1
A better set of preoperative photographs would be very helpful as these photos really show only your tip and nostrils. A good profile shot and front view even with the eyes blocked out would give me the ability to give you an expert opinion. Please feel free to send the photographs directly to my website listed below if you do not want to post your photos on real self. Weir surgery or nostril reduction if needed is typically done in conjunction with rhinoplasty surgery. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD