Is Hylaurodiase Safe or Extremely Risky?

7 months ago I had 1cc of restylane injected into a scar on my cheek by a very well known dermatologist. It created a awful facial asymmetry, a lump on my cheek. I would like to try the hylaurodinase but some Drs on this site say that it won't destroy your own tissue or HA and some say that it will. And then there are all the reviews from patients which are mostly all negative, citing scars and depressions in the skin along with allergic reactions. Is hylauronidase safe or extremely risky?

Hyaluronidase is safe to remove Restylane

+1

Greetings~

We have had a great many patients come from other offices to have different HA fillers dissolved with hyaluronidase and we have not had any issues with indentation or allergy. There is always a risk of allergy or reaction but nothing significant enough that I would have any great concern. If by some small chance you had some type of allergic reaction, it is not something that couldn't be managed and resolved.   The risk of indentation is probably not one I would be worried about.  If you are unhappy with the results of the injections to your scar, I think hyaluronidase is a very safe and effective treatment option.

Good luck~

Dr.Grant Stevens 

Hyaluronidase is safe

+1

Hyaluronidase is an injectable enzyme and it is not effective in destroying human HA, but it does work on synthetic HA (like filler). I have not seen dents, depressions, or scars from hyaluronidase as only small amounts are needed to dissolve fillers. I have never experienced an allergy to hyaluronidase but you can always have your physician inject just a tiny bit and come back in a few days just to be certain.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Hyaluronidase is very safe.

+1

CS122

Hyaluronidase was widely used by general ophthalmologists for years to help diffuse local anesthesia at the time of cataract surgery.  It is very safe with a very low, but not zero, risk of allergy.  The hyaluronidase enzyme is an ovine derived product.  Routine allergy testing does not appear to be necessary.  There is no evidence that use of this product actually causes long term break down of your own natural hyaluronic acid in your skin.  The use of this enzyme is now routine in the practice of working with the hyaluronic acid fillers.  If you are still nervous, ask your doctor to allergy test you will a very small dose of hyaluronidase under the skin prior to facial treatment.

Hyaluronidase is a safe treatment to remove HA fillers

+1

Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that will quickly dissolve hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane. Fortunately it is only rarely necessary. A more important question in your case is the timing, since by 7 months a lot if not most of the product will have already dissolved. Perhaps the reason for the negative reviews is that it will dissolve all of the product, leaving the original problem that was the reason for having fillers. I have not seen any of the problems you mention.

Richard Baxter, MD