I have Cone Shaped Breasts, Fat Grafting Wasn't Enough, What Other Options are There?

I have cone shaped breasts.in my attempt to fix them, i had fat grafting done, rather than implants.after the operation i have the same shape, only slightley larger.i wanted to avoid implants, however at this point i just want a normal shape.Which procedure and size would be best? saline,over the muscle,under the muscle?ect... i am 5'1 130lbs currently wear 36B.basically pear shape type body.

Options for breast shape

+1

Breast implants placed over or under the muscle with give the base of the breast a wider diameter.  Without a picture, I do not know what else you may need to have a more normal-appearing breast shape. Good luck.

I have Cone Shaped Breasts, Fat Grafting Wasn't Enough, What Other Options are There

+1

I would recommend breast implants, as the breasts tend to take on the round shape of the implants once they are placed.  Without photos, it is difficult to say whether or not you would need anything done to your nipple areola complex, but often times cone shaped breasts need either a peri-areola mastopexy, or a lollipop mastopexy for best results.  Placing of the implants behind the muscle or dual plane is almost always my choice- either with or without release of the breast mound if it is constricted.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cone breasts

+1

Photos would be helpful.  Coned breasts may  be due to a narrow base and may need an implant to fill out and stretch the lower pocket.

Treatment of Tubular Breasts?

+1

Tuberous ( constricted) breasts are characterized by a wide spectrum of presentation including constriction of the breast base, glandular and skin hypoplasia (especially at the lower quadrants), mal-position of the infra-mammary fold, breast tissue herniation into the areola region and sometimes increased areola diameter.

Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

Although every surgeon may have their own preference,  I would prefer to place the breast implants in the sub muscular (dual plane) position  if at all possible  to minimize risks associate with breast implants placed in the sub glandular position.

Probably more important than breast implant positioning,  is selection of a surgeon who has significant experience treating constricted/tuberous breasts.

Cone shaped breasts

+1
It is hard to know without seeing your photos. You described cone-shaped breasts which may be what we call tuberous breasts. Tuberous breasts are caused by a lack of breast tissue and tight fibrous bands between the pectorals muscle and the breast tissue. Usually, to correct the shape, these fibrous bands have to be released. This is done at the time the implants are placed. Over or under the muscle can be decidedat th time of your consultation with a plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Nia Banks, MD, PhD
Washington Plastic Surgeon