Does Condition Like Celiac Disease Preclude Getting Breast Augmentation Surgery?

I have Celiac & allergies and I was wondering if that'd make me a bad candidate for implants. If they don't produce an autoimmune reaction and you can't be allergic to silicone then wouldn't the risk be approximately the same as any other breast augmentation surgery? Thanks for your help.

Celiac disease is not contra-indication to breast implant surgery

+1

Celiac disease is not contra-indication to breast implant surgery but it may some preparations for surgery may be warranted based on your medications and recommendations of your gastroenterologist.

Celiac Disease does not Preclude Aesthetic Surgery

+1

Hi there-

There is absolutely no reason that your inability to tolerate gluten containing foods would adversely affect your safety or ability to achieve your goals with any aesthetic procedure....

Good Luck!

Armando Soto, MD

Celiac Disease does NOT preclude you from having a Breast Augmentation or other Cosmetic Surgery

+1

Celiac Disease is an autoimmune severe allergy to gluten protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. Upon eating a gluten containing food the patient has abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea associated with destruction of the intestinal lining. The only cure is the avoidance of all grains.

However, this disease does NOT preclude such patients from having any cosmetic surgery, including Breast Augmentation.

Should be OK

+1

This should be fine.  You must be in good health- well nourished with non celiac foods, etc.  This in and of itself is not a contraindication for surgery.

David Shuter, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Celiac disease preclude getting breast

+1

I would first discuss with your GI doctor, than with the chosen Plastic Surgeon before considering implants for your breasts.

From MIAMI DR. B