What Condiiton Are my Breasts In, and What Can I Do to Better the Shape? (photo)

I've never given birth or lost or gained any significant amount of weight to make my breast the way they are today. After doing some research I believe my problem is Pseudoptosis, when the lower breast tissue droops or Grade 1 Ptosis. I would like to get a professional opinion on what my breasts condition is and the best routes to go about getting a pleasing shape with minimal scarring as I have a tendency to keloid.

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift changes shape with no horizontal or vertical scars

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection.  This technique avoids the ugly scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions and the weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle, which provides long term stability.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

Do you form real keloids?  People often use this term incorrectly.  I do notice that you have a hypertrophic scar on your upper right chest.  I would suggest that if you form real keloids, leave your breasts alone. 

If you don't form keloids, then see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a thorough discussion.  A peri-areolar augment plus or minus a small crescentic lift may be of benefit.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

What is good enough?

+1

An augmentation alone will still leave you with a bottom heavy look or a beagle deformity... so if you want 'ideal' perky, a lift would be mandatory.  And you have to be accepting of the scars as there are no easy scarless ways of accomplishing the lift.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift will improve ptosis

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing the photographs.  I love the fact that you have done some research.  You do have ptosis, which is when the nipple is low, and I would say you have Grade II but it is not that important what grade it is.  You also have pseudoptosis because a lot of your breast tissue is below the level of the inframammary fold.  The only solution is a breast lift which can reposition both the low breast tissue and the position of the nipple on the breast mound.  You would need a lollipop pattern scar and possibly a short scar in the inframammary fold.  There are things you can do to optimize the scars.  These include pretreating the skin with hydroquinone to decrease risk of hyperpigmentation, the surgeon can use Quill sutures which produce a fine quality scar and the use of paper tape for 3 months also helps keep the scar flat.  If you truly form keloids, then this type of surgery has to be very carefully considered. I find that most people who believe they have keloid scars actually do not.  This can be determined by your plastic surgeon.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation.  Hope this helps.  Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast lift with implants for Grade 1 ptosis

+1

Thank you for the question and the pictures. As you mentioned, you do have psuedoptosis, maybe even grade 1 ptosis. This can be enhanced with small implants to improve the upper pole fullness along with a lift. The scar for the lift  may be around the nipple/areola complex alone depending on the findings during the physical exam and accurate measurements. Hope this helps. All the best.

Alfred Sofer, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

What Can I Do to Better the Shape?

+1

You do have some ptosis of the breasts, and the treatment for this is usually a breast lift. As with any procedure, the risks and benefits must be weighed to get to a decision about treatment. The incisions for a lift would be based on findings at an examination, but would probably include a circle around the areola, and a straight line down to the fold. Do show the consulting surgeon why you feel you have a tendency to form keloids. From this point, a consultation is the wise next step in heading toward an informed decision. All the best.