I Have Some Concerns About Double Bubble Affect. What Are the Best Ways to Avoid This? (photo)

I am about 5'3 130lbs maybe a 32B who breast fed with 36C's (breasts are saggy and deflated as a result) and wanting to expand back to that size or slightly larger. Very small framed up top with a 26in waist and 42in hips. Seen a few photos of smaller framed women end up with the double bubble..thoughts?

Breast Implant Double Bubble-How to Avoid

+3

Thank you for your question. From your photo you appear to have very normally shaped Breasts and appear to be a good candidate for Breast Implants.

Double Bubble is a technical Surgical problem which is under the control of your surgeon. You do not have any predisposing factors to a double bubble.

Too aggressive lowering of the breast implant pocket in an attempt to lower an implant into a sagging breast is the most common cause of double bubble.

Choose an experienced board certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced in Breast Implant surgery and express your concerns. You should be able to have an excellent result based on your photo.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Double bubble concern

+2

From your picture , you appear to have an average  small breasts. You are not ptotic ( droopy )  and the deflation with loose skin will be easily solved with the implants. You do not have to be concerned about double bubble because your crease needs to be lowered only mildly. On the picture you look more like a 32 A than a 32 B.  To become a full 32 C you will need around 325cc saline implants.  Saline implants give the surgeon more flexibility in adjusting your size. Be sure to select an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

+2

The "double bubble deformity usually occurs when the implant is place low to try to make up for droopiness.  This is usually a mistake, the implant needs to just go in the correct pocket and if a lift is needed it should be done.  From your pictures I would think that you would have a good result with augmentation only as implants alone can give quite a bit of a lift.

Sincerely,

Gary Hall,MD

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble risk

+2

The tern double bubble is loosely applied to several conditions where the breast seems to have more that one contour. Most surgeons define this in a setting where an implant sits below the breast fold and that fold causes and indentation that is visible. This term is also given to the situation where a women who flexes her pec muscles causes such an indentation. 

To add confusion, some use the term to define a condition in which there is an implant that is higher the the breast tissue, causing the natural breast tissue to appear to be hanging off the implant. 

As you can imagine, each of these problems has its own solution, and its own preventative measures. 

I don't see any particular risk factors in the photo you have attached. In addition, the fact that you have already been close to your goal size, you know that your breast skin has tolerance for that volume.

Good luck and best wishes.

Concerned about Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful breast implant pocket dissection will help minimize chances of complications such as quote double bubble” or breast implant malposition issues.

I think that you are starting at a very good place;  there is nothing about your picture that makes me worry  that you are at increased risk for any of the above complications.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

I Have Some Concerns About Double Bubble Affect. What Are the Best Ways to Avoid This?

+1

Only way to avoid is above muscle implantation. But with your thin skin and little breast tissue I would advise against that approach. Seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

You should be fine, just pick a good plastic surgeon

+1

A double bubble is usually caused by the breast fold and this occurs when the implant is placed lower than the breast fold.  This can be done by accident but sometimes this occurs on purpose when the surgeon tries to place a larger implant lower down on the chest to make up for a low areola or breast tissue laxity and to try and avoid a breast lift.  A breast lift should be performed if you need it but you do not appear to be in that category.  You will simply have to choose the implant size that will help you accomplish the size you want and then the plastic surgeon that you trust and feel will provide this result for you.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-enhancement.cfm

"Double bubble" deformity after breast augmentation

+1

It is difficult to give you an exact answer with out a proper exam. But the "double bubble" deformity refers to an implant the "drops" below the inframmary fold and seems as in the lower pole of the implant is "coming out of the breast tissue". I think what you are trying to avoid is a "snoopy deformity". A deformity that is caused when a breast augmentation is performed on a women that actually needs a breast lift in addition to the augmentation. In that case the opposite of the "double bubble" deformity the implant is in a superior position and the breast falls over the implant into an inferior position creating an appearance of "snoppy" nose.

From the pictures it appears that you may need a certain of breast lift as well as an agmentation.

seek a consultation with a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastlift.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon