Concerns After Surgery? (photo)

I have been doing alot of research on implants and had a revision 6 days ago. I feel some tightness inbetween my breasts and these are closer than my first pair. My first pair of implants were 250cc these are 1000cc. I am hoping I do not have symmastia. Can you please tell me how everything looks? I may just be paranoid. Everything else feels great. I just have some slight pressure in the center of my chest.

Large breast implants after revision. Symmastia question.

+1

Thank you for the photo.  It does not appear to be a case of symmastia.  Your implants are large.  Your body is healing from the operation and getting used to the new implants.  Best to let your plastic surgeon know your concerns.

Synmastia is a rare complication of breast augmentation.

+1

The implants are large and there is no synmastia.  The skin over the sternum is well applied.  The implants are being artificially supported by post op swelling.  This will improve over the next few week.s

You have very large breast implants

+1

Your implants are extremely large. There is no synmastia, but what you are seeing is probably just related to the fact that your implants are so large. See your surgeon if you are concerned. Keep in mind that you have a high risk of developing complications in the future due to these extremely large implants. Most board certified plastic surgeons would not place 1000cc implants.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast Implant Concerns

+1

Judging by your photo it doesn't look like synmastia.  You have rather large implants and it will take time for your skin and body to get used to them.  If you are concerned, call your surgeon for a follow up appointment.  He or she should be happy to see you and ease your concerns.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

What is Synmastia?

+1

Your 1,000 cc implants are quite large for your frame but there is no current evidence of synmastia.  It appears that you have 2.5 to 3 cm of separation between the two implants in the midline.  As long as it stays like this you should be fine.  If you notice that the space between the breasts is gradually getting narrower then you should contact your plastic surgeon.  There are bras that are made that help separate the breast from the midline and this could help to delay or stop this inward migration if it occurs.  

Symmastia with 1000 cc's?

+1

You do  not look like you ahve symmastia but the larger the implants the more likely problems will develop over time.

Post surgical concerns

+1

You do not have synmastia, but it will take a while for your skin and body to accommodate your new implant size.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Breast Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on your description of time out of surgery and breast implant size, I am not at all surprised that you feel “some slight pressure in the center of your chest”. I cannot see any evidence of symmastia or any other complication in your photograph. Of course, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to  provide advice and/or reassurance.