Should I Be Concerned? 3 Weeks Post SMAS Lower Face and Neck Lift?

3wks after smas lower face & neck lift I have sore spots in my ear not healing and stab pain in same area . More bruising on edge of face / ear than when first done no obvious sign of infection?

+1

I would recommend scheduling and appointment with your plastic surgeon to treat the bruising and delayed healing. While some pain is normal, the incisions are usually free from bruising by now. Consult your PS for the best and most personalized opinion.

Nagging Facelift Issues

+1

Fleeting pains can occur after facelift.  The incision edges should be clear of bruising at this point.  I recommend that you revisit with your PS to get a definite answer for your issues.

Dr. ES

3 weeks is still considered within the acute phase of wound healing

+1

UK007: Delayed wound healing and bruising should be brought to your PS attention, as it may require local dressings and/or evaluation for delayed hematoma (collection of blood) under the skin vs ecchymosis (bruising within the skin).  Don't despair, your PS should be able to field your questions and propose reasonable solutions to ensure your ultimate healing. Many facelift patients observe that the discomfort is maximal around the earlobes and on the bone behind the ear.  Time is a remarkable healer.  It will get better. Good luck.