Should I Be Concerned That I Am So Uneven After my BA? (photo)

I had implants Jan '12. My PS decided that I needed 2 diff sized implants to make me even. My left was smaller than my right (I never noticed). I choose 375cc's, he said he would try 375 in both and 400 in the left and see which one looks better. I ended up w/had L-400 R-375. I am wondering if I had 375's in both would I be this uneven?? My PS said there wasn't a diff (Jun '12), volume was the same, but I feel like it is a noticeable difference. I am uneven and not too happy. OPINIONS PLS

Breast augmentation asymmetry

+2

Sorry you're not happy with the results.  If I had to guess which breast was larger by looking at your pre-op photos, I would have said the left one had more volume.  However, physical exam is better than photos so if your surgeon thought your right side was larger, I would go with that.  Your post-op photos do show your left is larger.  Some patients have chronic seromas (clear fluid collections) around their implants and that's what's causing the asymmetry.  An ultrasound would easily diagnose that.  If you're not pleased, discuss it calmly with your surgeon and see if he or she won't revise your result.  There will likely be some fees you'll have to pay, but if it makes you happy in the long run, it may be worth it.

Web reference: http://www.naturallookingresults.com

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Everyone has some breast asymmetry. I usually err on putting in the same size implant unless there was a gross large difference. One breast is always larger.

Breast augmentation results

+1

Nobody's body is perfectly symmetrical and your's wasn't preop.  Based on your photos, the asymmetry is not unreasonable in the final result.  There is zero difference in 25 ccs that you would notice.  Remember than an augmentation amkes you a bigger version of what you were to start with and that asymmetries will be magnified by making you larger.

Should I Be Concerned That I Am So Uneven After my BA?

+1

The poorly posted photos show a very minor difference. Best to seek in person second opinions. But the appearance vs volume could always be different.