Should I Be Concerned with The Sagging and Uneveness of Lower Lids?

Had a lower eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty 96 hours ago. I'm very concerned I made a mistake with the eyelids. Is this normal? Will they return to normal shape and what about the what appears to be sewn in wrinkles on the left eye? Will this go away when the sutures are removed?

Be patient

+1

There is often quite asymmetric swelling after surgery. Wait at least 3 months before evaluating your final results.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

There are a number of factors that can affect the early postoperative appearance of the lower eyelids including swelling, bruising, and the placement of a canthopexy or canthoplasty suture.  An exam would be necessary to determine if there is anything to be concerned about it.  The surgeon would be in the best position to give advice.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

After the swelling subsides

+1

Hi. dear,

When one's eyes are swollen, especially when not much time left since the surgery, everything may look abnormal, but I believe better shape will reveal as the swelling subsides.

South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid asymmetry

+1

It is very hard to answer this question without a photograph.  I would expect some early swelling.  If there is excess laxity of your lower eyelid then this may require a revision.  At this point it is best to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.  It may take several more weeks for your lids to get back to a normal position.  Massage of the lid will be beneficial.  

Appearance of lower eyelids 96 hours after surgery

+1

I would not be concerned with how your lower eyelids appear at 96 hours after surgery.  There is still, undoubtedly, some swelling present and much will still change as the swelling resolves and the incisions heal.  It may take a few weeks before your eyes begin to look normal again and the entire healing process may take several months.  It is not uncommon for one side to heal a bit faster than the other, so sometimes both sides do not look the same in the early recovery period.  Be sure to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon so that your progress can be monitored.   

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temporary temporary malposition of the lower lids is sometimes seen after lower eyelid surgery.

+1

Because of swelling the lower lids may appear abnormally position after lower eyelid surgery. Almost always this will improve as time passes. Some surgeons will support the lids with tape as well as massaging him him to correct position periodically during the day.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm