Ask a doctor

I'm concerned I have an STD. do these bumps look like an STD? (photo)

Do these bumps look like an STD? they feel like flesh colored skin tags, and if I scratch or pick at them they bleed. I had unprotected sex with my ex- boyfriend multiple times about six weeks ago however I recently found out he was cheating on me. I made an appointment for a pelvic exam with my gyno but I am FREAKING OUT. I recently tested negative for HIV and Chlamydia and have zero history of any STDs and have always had a normal pap.

Doctor Answers 2

Labiaplasty expert in Los Angeles

An examination should be performed by a gynecologist to discuss your concerns for an STD. A plastic surgeon can help identify reasons for a labiaplasty, but the gyn examination should go first. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 57 reviews

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Vulva vesicles

Vesicles on the vulva can be caused by several things. HPV, yeast infection, an irritation caused by toilet paper lint, and herpes. It is best to see your OB/Gyn as soon as possible to determine the cause.

As you well know, always use a barrier protection as you do not always know if your partner is also truly monogamous .

Luis H. Macias, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.