Should I be concerned about a small hard tender bruise 13 days after liposuction to my abdomen? (photos)

I'm 13 days out and still swollen but concerned about a hard bruise by my belly button. I wear a garment with a foam pad under every day and night.

Bruising Concerns after Liposuction

Bruising Concerns after Liposuction
What you have is expected during the recovery process after liposuction. Bruising and
swelling are normal in the suctioned areas and usually increase slightly after the removal of
any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6
weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However it may
take 6-9 months to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the
swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly the process will proceed. If you are
concerned or if it does not improve, speak to your plastic surgeon to get it examined.

Liposuction bruise

That is way too early for concerns about bruising.  Consider Arnica Montana to assist with swelling and bruising.  Best Wishes!!

Should I be concerned about a small hard tender bruise 13 days after liposuction to my abdomen?

If this was three months than YES I would be concerned. But at this early date I am not concerned./ But best to see your surgeon IN PERSON..// 

Bruising after liposuction

Small lumps and bumps, as well as bruising after liposuction is completely normal. Liposuction is a blunt type injury with significant tissue trauma and bruising. The area around your belly button has fibrous bands as well as more blood vessles than other areas; this increases the risk of bruising. Massage the area, and it should resolve over time. Nothing to worry about.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon