Doctor Suggested 600cc-700cc - is This Right for a Round DD?

I am a mother of 3 little girls ages 8,7,and 5 years old. I am definetly wanting to get a Breast Aug. I went in for my consult and her are the results: I am 5'10 180 lbs 34A B (on a good day) I want to get to a size DD with a round look. My Dr. suggested that I get a Saline implant M+ 600-700ccs. Is this normal? I hear the number and I kinda cringe..there are a ton of articles about 400cc and not too many on this size. Any suggestions?

Implant Selection Process

+1

Thank you for your photos.   Larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

This is a larger than average breast implant

+1

Yes, this is a larger than average breast implant.

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Many of these women feel significant relief with reductions as small as 300 cc yet you are considering adding twice that to your breasts. Think it over carefully.

Picking a breast implant size

+1

Without photos or an examination, it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 125 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Height, weight and implant size

+1

While 600 or 700 ccs sounds like a lot, there are many factors that contribute to your surgeon’s recommendation. It is important to keep in mind that your height, weight, current breast size and expected post surgical breast size affect the size implants your surgeon will recommend. Ask to see pictures of other women with your height and weight and ask about the size implants that they chose. It is also helpful to find pictures of women who are similar to you in stature and desired breast size so that you surgeon can have a more accurate measure of your desired outcome.

Joseph G. Bauer, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Height and Weight VERY Important in Implant Size

+1

While it may sound enormous, 600-700cc in someone who is 5'10 and 180lbs is not going to be huge.  Your height and weight play a huge role in how much volume you can carry and look proportional.  Someone who is 5'2 and weighs 110lbs may be a DD with a 400cc implant.  That size on you, though, would probably look like a C because of your frame size. You may need a second opinion, but at your height/weight, I wouldn't be surprised.  I hope this helps. 

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

+1

Reviewing implant size is so important with patients.  I spend alot of time in consultation reviewing this.  As for your specific sizxe, it is difficult to say without examining you.

Doctor suggested 600cc-700cc - is this right for a round DD

+1

WOW! Could you post photo? I would get at least 2 other opinions. Also you may want to try the expander implant so you can adjust your postoperative size. From MIAMI Dr. B