Concerned About Scar Tissue: Re- Entry into the Original Incision Site Thru Arm Pit

I had implants placed in through the arm pit May 2011. The result was a much larger size that I wanted so I am going to have the surgeon go in and replace the implants with a smaller gel implant again through the arm pit through the same canal and original incision site. The incisions originally healed well but I fear they won't heal right if they are cut open again. Please provide factual advice on what to expect with the healing of these wounds. Should there be a new incision?

Armpit incision re-entry

+1

One of the great limitations of the armpit incision is that there are things you just can't do through it.  It isn't so much an issue of scar tissue in your case, but whether the pockets are too big especially laterally from the current implants.  You can't easily repair the pockets through the armpit if they are too large.  If all you need is a simple implant exchange, this probably isn't a problem.