Should I be concerned with pain immediately to the right of my belly button 2 wks PO abdominoplasty?

I am a physically fit 41 yo female, approx 2 wks PO abdominoplasty and have pain immediately to the right of and sometimes below my belly button when going from a squatting to standing position. I recently noticed pain when palpating the area. I have followed PO instr. & have been slightly increasing activity over the course of the last week -nothing excessive. Is it possible that I have compromised my surgery/how would I know? My PS is approx 500 miles away and hope to save a trip. Thank you!

PainTwo Weeks After Abdominoplasty

+2

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said although your surgeon is 500 miles away, you need to be seen by either your surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the cause of your pain. Only a physical exam by your surgeon can answer your question.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Belly button problems after a tummy tuck

+1

As much as I'd like to say it's okay, I think you need to be seen by a plastic surgeon. If you don't want to travel to the one that did your surgery you might want to call someone locally.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS