I Am Concerned About my Tip Drooping over Time Since my Rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty in 2007. So far it has stayed the same as it was one year after surgery, but i am concerned that it will drop over time. Is this likely. Also, i have read that breathing through your nose can accelerate the tip to drop. Should I try and breathe through my mouth instead of my nose to prevent this.

Tip Droop

+1

It is "OK" to breathe through your nose.  Also, feel free to contact experienced Rhinoplastic Cosmetic Surgeons about your nasal tip ptosis (droop).  I think that they can help your situation.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Drooping After 4 Years Since A Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Zhara,

Based on your description, it is unlikely that your tip will droop compared to what you have accomplished at 12 months post-op (4 years ago).

Nonetheless, with age the nose undergoes changes regardless if it was subjected to a rhinoplasty.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

+1

I would be very surprised if your tip drooped that much after having this surgery in 2007. We do see elderly patients have some drooping of the tip naturally with old age, but if you are happy this far out I would not worry much at all about seeing drooping of any significance. Breathing through your nose has nothing to do with drooping so breathe away.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tip drooping after 4 years?

+1

If you ahd a rhinoplasty in 2007 and the tip has been OK, then I doubt it would drop significantly at this point.