I Am Concerned my Implant is Moving or Losing Fluid?

I had a stage 4 breast cancer diagnosis in January of 2004. I had a mastectomy immediately. Three years later I had expanders and then reconstruction. is it possible that one can be sliding down? Or losing it's fluid? I am having awful muscle pain around the right breast and It seems like I can feel ripples underneath as if it was losing fluid.

Implant is Losing Fluid

It sounds as though you have an implant rupture.  I would contact your surgeon for a clinical evaluation.   You may require an implant exchange procedure in this case.  I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Breast implant issue

If you do not feel that your implant is the same as before, and you are experiencing discomfort, then I think that it is best to have it checked out.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Pain after breast reconstruction

If you are noticing a decrease in the size of your breast then it is possible that you have a leak in the implant.  This is assuming that you have a saline filled implant.  Contact your plastic surgeon if there has been a change.  Pain is not a symptom of a leaking implant.  

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097