I Am Concerned my Implant is Moving or Losing Fluid?

I had a stage 4 breast cancer diagnosis in January of 2004. I had a mastectomy immediately. Three years later I had expanders and then reconstruction. is it possible that one can be sliding down? Or losing it's fluid? I am having awful muscle pain around the right breast and It seems like I can feel ripples underneath as if it was losing fluid.

Implant is Losing Fluid

+1

It sounds as though you have an implant rupture.  I would contact your surgeon for a clinical evaluation.   You may require an implant exchange procedure in this case.  I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

Breast implant issue

+1

If you do not feel that your implant is the same as before, and you are experiencing discomfort, then I think that it is best to have it checked out.

Pain after breast reconstruction

+1

If you are noticing a decrease in the size of your breast then it is possible that you have a leak in the implant.  This is assuming that you have a saline filled implant.  Contact your plastic surgeon if there has been a change.  Pain is not a symptom of a leaking implant.