How do I know if my "eyeball" or sight is in jeopardy?

I had upper and lower Blepharoplasty post surgery 6 days ago. I had/have quite a bit of swelling and bruising. None of this bothers me as much as the blurring goopy right eye. My eye is good the first half of the day, but tends to get white "goop" on the inside lower incision later ( that pulls away and floats around ). I am assuming this is like a wet scab?? Also my eyes get so tired and achy throughout the day. Should I be concerned? How do I know if my "eyeball" or sight is in jeopardy.

Recovery after upper and lower blepharoplasty

+2
Your description of some blurry vision and "goop" on the inside of your lower eyelid does not sound unusual for someone after upper and lower blepharoplasty.  Sometimes, chemosis can develop on the inside surface of the lower eyelid, which is swelling of the tissue inside the eyelid.  There are some eye drops which can help with this, so I would contact your surgeon to discuss your issue and see if they can help.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

You should expect your vision to be blurry after a blepharoplasty.

+2
If your vision is good in the morning then you will have good vision post-op.  Some patients get secretion during the day from the inflammation or the sutures dissolving.  If you seem to be getting a lot of this and it is increasing you should see your doctor to make sure you don't have an infection.  If you are using ointment that can also cause blurred vision and you can sometimes see it as a film in the eye.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

After Blepharoplasty

+2
If you have concerns about your vision, contact your surgeon immediately.  Swelling and bruising around the eyelids after surgery is normal, but only a clinical exam can determine if yours is something to worry about.  It is normal for the eye muscles to be "tired" after surgery, but it is best to make sure you are not having any complications by an in-person exam.  Good luck.

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon