Concerned About Movement of Nose After Surgery

While I had my cast after rhinoplasty, I moved my nose bc I thought it was off center probably 3 times out of impatience. It returned to its original position. I'm concerned that I ruined the results. The nurse said it was fine. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Nose Movement after Surgery

It is best you do not try to assist your surgeon in your rhinoplasty care. Even if something should be done at this time, your surgeon will execute that maneuver better than you. See your surgeon , not his/her nurse.

Manipulation of nose after surgery

I think that you have to be very careful the first few weeks after surgery to not forcibly push anything to disturb the results that you have.  The bones are not healed enough at one week. You have to be careful.

Moving your nose after nose job

It is best to closely follow the advice of your surgeon if you want an optimal result and be sure to discuss any concerns you have rather than literally taking matters into your own hands. That being said, there can be some asymmetric swelling that gives the appearance of being off center after surgery. This will continue to change and improve as swelling goes down.

Jason Litner, MD

Nose trauma after surgery.

It depends on how hard the force was. See your surgeon and not his nurse for an opinion of your nose now.

Self-Manipulation of Nose After Recent Rhinoplasty

Best to not manipulate your nose anymore, unless you are an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding your concerns.  Good luck and I hope that your nose settles perfectly.

Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon