Extremely swollen after Juvederm lip filler. How can I help the swelling to come down? Ice pack didn't work (Photo)

I had my lips filled with Juvedirm, i had a mini lip done few months ago with no problem at all(0.25 top and 0.50 bottom) i couldnt see much difference and few weeks later added more(0.25 top and 0.25 bottom). My lips are extreme swollen, super firm, the top one side is bigger then another. Right after the doctor injected they looked good, but 2 hours later they started to swell, its been 24 hours. Very swollen, firm, hard, very uncomfortable.

Extremely swollen after Juvederm lip filler. How can I help the swelling to come down? Ice pack didn't work

+1
Bruising and swelling  is very common 24 hours after your treatment, you may notice the lips even fuller in the mornings, try taking arnica to help eliminate the swelling a bit quicker, within two weeks you should see your final result 

Swelling following Lip Injection

+1
Swelling is normal for usually 24 to 72 hours post lip injection with Juvederm.  If you bruise, the edema may last longer.  It is not unusual to have onset of swelling a couple of hours following injection.  Ice and sleeping with the head of the bed elevated may help.  One side of the lip may be larger than there other because of bruising.  Usually, all is well when the edema resolves.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD