Should I Be Concerned About Bumps Under my Asian Double Eyelid Crease Line? (photo)

I recently had incisional double eyelid surgery with ptosis repair only on one eye to make both eyes symmetrical. I am 1 month post-op and have noticed hard uneven bumps of skin around the crease line that were there since the stitches were taken out at 1 week but have continued to be there and have not faded. I asked my doctor and he said that it is due to the sutures still in the eyelid. I would really love a second opinion on this and based on my own research it could be a suture granuloma

Should I Be Concerned About Bumps Under my Asian Double Eyelid Crease Line?

+1

Patients heal at different rates, but you appear to have a significant amount of inflammation at this 1 month postoperative time point. There are several remedies to decrease inflammation at the incision and usually tincture of time is the best one.You may be best served by returning to your surgeon to have your scar evaluated.

Reston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Looks somewhat unusual

+1

if i was your surgeon, i'd be a little concerned because the incision is still quite red and inflamed after one month.  i'd advise you to see your surgeon and perhaps get on some antibiotics.  you may need to seek a second opinion to get a different route of treatment.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Bumps after Asian Eyelid Surgery and Ptosis repair

+1

There could be sutures in the eyelid but this should get better with time. You could also consider steroid injections. I would keep an close follow up on it. To me it doesn't look like a suture granuloma right now.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon