Concerned About Breast Implants with Pectus Excavatum? (photo)

I received silicone breast implants under the muscle 1 and 1/2 yrs ago and have slight pectus excavatum. I went from barely an A cup to a full B. At first, they looked really good, but I've noticed over time they have moved closer and closer together, to the point they are now touching, and it's making the shape of my breasts look very unnatural. Is there any way (preferably nonsurgical) to stop my implants from continuing to move inward? A brace? Exercises?

Pectus and medialized implants

+1

Given your pectus anatomy, it appears your implants have "settled" into position.  Unfortunately, I do not know of any nonsurgical interventions that can help "separate" your implants.  There are surgical interventions that can help with this.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Medial implant displacement

+1

Your implants are very medial, and the only way to separate them is by repairing the pocket and possibly placing smaller implants.

Pectus Excavatum and Medial Breast Implant Displacement Concerns.

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Patients with pectus excavatum tend to have a chest wall that inclines towards the sternum,  exposing them to a higher risk of the medial implant displacement  that you are experiencing.

At this point (1.5 years after surgery),  it is very likely that the breast implants have “settled” into their final position. It is unlikely that any nonsurgical  maneuver will be  able to prevent further movement of the breast implants or improve their position. A “symmastia” (thong bra)  is available on the market- unfortunately, I doubt that it will be helpful at this point.

If the positioning of the breast implants continues to be of concern, breast augmentation revisionary surgery may be helpful. Capsulorraphy techniques,  possibly with the use of acellular dermal matrix and/or downsizing of breast implants may be effective in improving the space in between the breasts.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_pectusexcavatum.htm