I Am Concerned About Bottoming Out, What's The Probability? (photo)

I am 5'1" 112 pounds, breastfed two babies. I am having breast augmentation in 2 weeks. I am 32 A, and am going with 400-500cc's, not sure yet. My breast are deflated, I do not need a lift. I feel like I have very weak breast tissue, and loose skin on my breasts. The skin on the rest of my body is very thick and nice. I know bottoming out is a factor, but how likely am I to bottom out? Does bottoming out occur more often than capsular contracture? Thank you

Bottoming Out After Breast Augmenation

+1

Bottoming out results from a weakening of the inframammary fold or breast crease. This can occur in breast augmentation procedures by accident or design depending on the anatomic contraints. Your issue with this is unrelated to the "loose skin" on your breasts as this has resulted from pregnancy and breast feeding. The fold does not change. However, you do need a lift and not tightening the breast skin in addition to the augmentation will leave you with larger, still ptotic breasts. Your left nipple is sitting at or below the breast fold and this will only worsen with time. Dont worry about bottoming out, but do worry about trying to use a large implant in place of a lift. 

Vincent Marin, MD