Concerned with the Appearance of my Belly Button After Full Tummy Tuck, Revision

I had a tummy tuck back in November with a reputable Sacramento area doc. I was immediatly concerned with the look of my new belly button(flat and not "in") My doc agreed and we decided to do a revision to the belly button (which was done last week) I know it has only been a week but I am, again, a little concerned with the results. It's like they just can't get my belly button "in" as I had hoped. Do you think this is a matter of swelling or does it appear that this revision didn't work?

Belly Button Problems After Tummy Tuck! What to do to correct?

+4

You are only in the very earliest stages of revision at this point so please be patient.  It is not possible to predict or guess the end result.   Early use of Temovate Cream and Kelocote would be useful.  I have had incredible reslts with Kelocote two times a day.  Let it dry.  Read the directions.   Its hard to predict the future.  In 6 months if you are not happy, tell your surgeon ,and ask for suggestions.  That is part of his job.  Sekk other opinions from ABPS FACS surgeons.  You will be fine.Hou may need further suggery but it is too early.  Be confidant that although belly buttons are tricks the can BE MADE PERFECT.  Accept no less than perfect. Perfect is possible.   Good luck.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Too early to tell about the results of your new umbilicus

+1

The wound is very biologically active.  It will take many months for the final result to be established.  Be patient and stay in contact with your doctor.

Belly Button Revision.....

+1

I agree with the others here: it is too early to grade a revision. Give it at least a few weeks. Did you wait a while between the original surgery and the revision?

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button deformity after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is definitely too early to tell what it will look like when the healing is done. There are different techniques as to how to handle the umbilicus during a tummy tuck. There are always things which can be done to try to correct unsatisfactory results as well. The best thing to do is to follow your plastic Surgeons recommendations. Hopefully you saw some of his/her before and after photos before your surgery. If you liked the results you saw and they performed a similar procedure on you, hopefully you will obtain a nice result as well. Follow their recommendations.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Belly button appearance after tummy tuck

+1
At this point it is too early to predict the final result and determine if the revision is satisfactory to you. You just have to be patient and wait at least 3-6 months to give the area the chance to heal.

Lawrence C. Lin, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon