Concerned and Worried. Is This a Lipoma or Liposarcoma?

have a large mass on my shoulder > 5cm it appeared quickly within a 2 week time span. My GP feels that it is a lipoma and nothing to be concerned about. I have a history of lymphoma remission for 20+ years, and thyroid cancer 10+ years remission. Should I insist on removal concerned it may be a maxiod liposarcoma

Is this a lipoma or liposarcoma?

+2

You are understandably concerned  with a history of previous cancers and the rapid growth of this new mass.  Liposarcomas are rare but with any mass>5cm or with rapid growth, having it evaluated by a surgeon would be appropriate.  Imaging or core biopsy may be recommended prior to removal.  It is more likely to be benign, but it does sound like you should have it removed.  

Council Bluffs General Surgeon

Lipoma

+2

Only by taking the mass out and submitting it for pathology will you know exactly what the mass is.

See a plastic surgeon