Hit with a Ball One Week After Rhinoplasty

Should I be very concerned after being hit (gently) in the nose with a bouncy ball one week after rhinoplasty? I had surgery June 2 to fix a deviated septum. June 11 my 1 year old was carrying a large, air filled bouncy ball back and forth between my father and I. He (unexpectedly) tossed the ball at me and it hit me in the nose. It was a gentle toss, but I heard/felt a crack. No blood, just pain. Help!

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

Ouch!! I am sure it hurt. Probably it did not do any damage but you will have to wait until the swelling goes away unless there is some obvious curvature then I would recommend correction.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma 1 Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should be fine; you were hit with a soft ball by a child. By the time you get my response the swelling caused by your accident should have resolved; consult with your surgeon.

Injury after Rhinopalsty/Septoplasty

+1

Generally, if your nose does not bleed from an injury, then nothing bad happened.

It depends on what was done to you whether the crack you heard and/or felt is relevent. However, given the nature of the ball and your description of the incident, it is unlikely that anything of concern occurred. Even if something did happen, there is not usually much that can be done, short of another operation.

I would wait and see if the nose looks different. If so, go back and see your surgeon within the week.

Best of luck

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hit after rhinoplasty in the nose.

+1

It probably did nothing to the final result. After the swelling has gone down in 2-3 weeks, see your surgeon .