Should I Be Concernced That a Clinic Has Offered to Do my Upper Blepharoplasty? (Im 22)

I have asked 3 cosmetic nurses here in Ireland for an upper blepharoplasty and all refused, telling me i was too young.they said there is a little bit of excess skin but not enough for a bleph. I heard from a friend a great place in Spain that does cosmetic surgery.They give you aftercare in their sister clinic in your own country.they asked me to send photos of my eyes and two days later they said i have discreet excess of skin on the upper lids. Should i go for it?

Leave your eyelids alone- they are perfect you do not need a Blepharoplasty

+2

Yes I would e concerned about a clinic that offered to do a Blepharoplasty on a 22 year old woman who has perfect upper eyelids-run away from them.

Upper blepharoplasty

+2

Hi

Be careful.  Your photos do not show the need for upper blepharoplasty.  You may look very hollow after surgery.  Yes you are young, but even more than that the photos do not show an indication for surgery

Guy Massry, MD

Not a candidate for upper eyelid surgery

+2

I have performed upper Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) for over 20 years and from your photo and age...you are not a candidate for upper Blepharoplasty.  Save your money and enjoy your surgery free trip to Spain.

Shopping Leads to Chopping

+2

Thanks for your question and photos.  What you have found is that if you ask enough clinics/surgeons, you will eventually find one with enough hunger and sparse ethics to take your money and operate on you.  After all, many celebrities do that and end up in the "plastic surgery gone wrong" files.  The fact is, your eyelids are the envy of most patients 15 years your senior.  You should preserve them with good sunscreen and skin products.  Accentuate them with makeup.  DO NOT undergo surgery.

What will happen if you get surgery at your young age is you will get premature aged appearance to your eyelids.  At 30 you will look 40 and at 40 you will look 55!

Don't do it, you will regret it!

Paul K. Holden, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic eyelid surgery at 22 - no way!

+2

In my opinion, you re in no way a candidate for surgery.  All procedures have risks no matter how small and so does an upper bleph.  I would be very concerned about the ethics of someone who would operate on you for what little your photos show.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Blepharoplasty is an absolute no for now!

+2
Diana, Your anatomy shows very little excess skin and I would absolutely not have an upper lid blepharoplasty. I would suggest waiting at least five years and see if this changes and then it may be something to consider. You have beautiful eyes and you need to make sure you do not make a bad decision that may affect you for the rest of your life. I always say that I treat each one of my patients as a family member and I have a 25 year old daughter and I will advise you the same as stated above " run for the hills...and not the hills of Spain!

Michael Elam, MD

Upper lids in a 22 year old

+2

Run for the hills!!!  Full upper eyelids( at least in these photos) are a sign of attractiveness. I would not( based on these photos) operate on you. 

Need a bleph?

+2

Dear Diana22x

Thank you for your photos. You have some excess skin which, if this is your issue, can be addressed.  Often this would be performed under local.  Eye sight is a precious sense and I recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic or oculoplastic surgeon for a complete exam to access your ocular function. If you have no risk factors then choosing who would do your surgery is the question.  I usually recommend that you have your surgery closer to home.  If problems develop, and they do, then proximity to your surgeon is a blessing.  Good luck.  

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

I don't agree with my colleagues.

+1

I think that you could benefit from eyelid surgery.  The problem is that the eyelid surgery that you need is highly advanced.  I think what my colleagues are basically telling you is that they are not comfortable offering you eyelid surgery.  It is important to understand this.  What you need is a very subtle upper eyelid surgery.  You have a small amount of excess skin and a small degree of upper eyelid ptosis.  I think you have an early anterior levator dehisence ptosis.   You also have upper eyelid lash ptosis.  The reality is that I do not know a single surgeon in the UK with the skills to address this properly.  So I would be very careful in your search for a surgeon but yes, you would benefit from correctly done upper eyelid surgery. 

Eyelid surgery needs to be expertly done

+1

You do show some excess folds but you need to have an exam done with your eyes lightly but fully closed to really see if the folds are due to excess skin (some folds should still be there) or just there from the way your skin is attached to the underlaying muscle and ,in fact, no excess therefore exists. However it can be that there is true excess skin and that could be helped with surgery, regardless of your age. Your surgeon needs to be a good one with great judgement skills.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon