Concern About Swelling / Skin Retraction 8 Weeks After Vaser Liposuction?

Good day, I had Vaser Lipo on my inner thighs, abdomen and flank 8 weeks ago. 1200 ccs were removed from my abdomen and flanks and approx 300 cc from each thigh. Overall im happy with the results on my thighs and flanks however my abdomen im a bit concerned. My lower abdomen is extremely flat however above my belly button there still seems to be a lot of swelling and or fat im not sure which. When i press it it does ripple a little. Ive also had frequents LPG sessions. Should i be worried? Thx!

Concerns 8 weeks after VASER Liposuction

+1

Without seeing photos it is difficult to assess the situation completely.  There is still swelling after 8 weeks but the majority of it is gone.  The area around the umbilicus is the most common area where fat can be left behind, which may require a touch-up procedure to remove.  Also, if you had some loose skin before the operation (such as weight loss or pregnancy), it tends to hover around the top of the umbilicus because it is a fixed point and created an unhappy smile as I like to call it.  I suggest you post some photos.  Also, return to your original surgeon for questions.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

Swelling can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA