Should I Be Concerend That My Nostrils/Columella Are Still Swelling Unevenly 3 Weeks PO?

2.5 weeks ago I had septoplasty to correct a deviated septum. Today my nostrils still look the same and I have swelling on one side of my nose and a hanging columella. Certainly I would see some improvement in my nostrils? Why swelling on one side and my columella? My surgeon is board-certified in both Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology.

Swelling of the nostril after septoplasty

+1

It is still early to assess results at  2.5 weeks post surgery.  If you had correction of a deviation of the anterior or caudal septum it is possible that the caudal edge has moved off the midline.  Ultimately you  need to give it more time and allow all swelling to settlesubside.  This can take months.  You should ask your surgeon if the anterior septum was off midline or if the septoplasty was for  a deviation of the posterior septum. If the septal deviation was posterior then its  likely that you are swollen rather noticing persistent deviation of the anterior septum.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon