Are Different Concentrations of Botox Used on the Armpits to Control Sweating Than on the Face?

Botox for Sweating

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend following the standard reconstitution by the Allergan (Botox manufacturer) company. About 100 units of Botox (50 units each armpit) total used for hyperhidrosis. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

+1

The recommended dosage for hyperhidrosis is 50 units on each underarm, 100 units total. Normally should be reconstitute with 2.5 saline but every physician has their own dilution that can vary 

Botox for underarms and sweating

+1

I use the same amount of saline to mix the Botox for underarms and facial treatments.  The recommended amount of saline is 2.5cc of saline per 100 unit vial of Botox.  I usually use between 70-100 units for both underarms.  Take care, Dr. Groff

San Diego Dermatologist

Axillary hyperhidrosis and Botox

+1

The recommended dosage is 50 units per underarm. Even in a diluted solution, 1 unit = 1 unit, it just may take more volume of injection. Best of luck!

Botox for treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis

+1

Depending on the physician the concentration may or may not differ, but the primary difference is the total dosage.  A typical dose for each armpit is 50 units (for a total of 100 units), divided over 20-25 sites.  

Concentration of Botox to treat face vs. underarms

+1

The same concentration of botox is used to treat the underarms or the face for sweating.  However the total number of units used will be greater for the treatment of the underarms. 

Botox Concentration for Armpit Sweating

+1

Ms. Willym,

The major difference in Botox injection for the face and the armpit is the amount of Botox(total unit of Botox) used.  The units injected for the armpit are much greater. I tend to use the same concentration whether it be the face or the armpit.  However, there are times when I will use a more dilute concentration in the armpit if I need to spread the same number of units to a bigger surface area.  On the face more concentrated solution is used to keep the Botox in the specific area injected.  The most important factor in Botox injection is to tailor the injections to the patient.  Although consistency is important, the patient's needs are the most important factor.  Thanks for the question and Best Wishes!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Hyperhydrosis (Sweating Under the Arms)

+1

Hi Willym,

The same concentration of Botox is used under the arms as on the face to control hyperhydrosis (Sweating).  It is the total number of units of Botox that is much greater for stopping underarm sweating.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

+1

I typically use the same concentration of Botox for hyperhidrosis treatments. The important distinction is the amount of Botox, the number of units used for the treatment. This differs to a great degree based upon the area being treated. I hope this information is helpful. 

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/botox-dysport-xeomin-neuromodulators

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

It all depends...

+1

there's a tendency to use a more dilute solution when botox is used for sweating because there's the desire for the product to spread throughout the local area...some of us use a more concentrated solution for cosmetic treatment to the face since there's more concern about keeping the product localized to the small muscles...but some doctors use a more diluted preparation in the face in which case the two different areas may be treated at the same dilution...so you see, it all depends on the doctor and his experience...still get the same great results no matter what...just need an experienced practitioner...