Concealing Discoloration from Fraxel Laser Treatment?

I had Fraxel done a few days ago, and I need to go back to work soon. Can I use concealers and foundation to cover up the brown discoloration due to the treatment?

Fraxel Treatment and Concealer Make Up

+2

Hi L,

Yes, after Fraxel laser treatment you may use concealer make up to cover up the discoloration until your skin returns to its normal color. You should wait 1 to 2 days after Fraxel re:store, and 4 to 5 days after Fraxel re:pair. We recommend a mild moisturizer, followed by a physical sun block. Then a high quality mineral make up such as Jane Iredale will let you return to work looking very good. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Concealer or makeup after Fraxel

+1

The answer depends on many things. Which Fraxel? Restore or Repair? Repair requires longer heal times (at least 5 days) What setting? Higher milli joules mean deeper thermal damage. 20mj for Restore usually means 1 day no make-up. While 30mj or higher for repair means 7 or more days. These are the kinds of issues that should only be answered by your treating dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is familiar with these variables, your unique skin and what setting was used.

New Orleans Dermatologist